Sept 3, 2014
Visit our Roofing Jobs account on Facebook, Roofing Jobs Page on Facebook and follow our Roofing Jobs Twitter account.
A number of positions for Fall / Winter 2014/2015 have been posted to the Government Job Posting Site jobbank.gc.ca and Kijiji in local areas.
We're Hiring for Fall and Winter! Opportunities in BC, AB, SK, MB, ON.
General Roofing Systems Canada (GRS) is hiring immediately for the fall / winter session for all season employment and/or specific contract work for the following positions:
(1) Senior Journeyman/woman TQ - Calgary/Edmonton. 38.50 - 52.00/hr - This is a senior oversight position which requires strong communication skills and reporting skills. Training, material ordering, and site inspections are a significant portion of the job duties.
(2) Flat Roof Forepersons - Calgary/Edmonton. 36.00 - 52.00/hr
(2) Flat Roof Lead Hands - Calgary/Edmonton. 24.00 - 38.50/hr
(6) Skilled Flat Roof Labour - Calgary/Edmonton. 21.00 - 29.00/hr
(2) EPDM Single Ply Techs - Calgary/Edmonton. 24.00 - 36.00/hr
(2) TPO Single Ply Techs - Calgary/Edmonton. 24.00 - 36.00/hr
(2) SBS Mod Torch Techs - Calgary/Edmonton 24.00 - 36.00/hr
(TBD) Flat Roof Self Contained Contract Crews for misc. commercial 2 Ply Torch On and Single Ply (EPDM, TPO) Re-Roof Sites in BC / AB / SK / MB / ON. Self contained. WCB req.
(2) Sloped Shingle Sub Contract Crews for misc. residential re-roofs in Alberta for Calgary and Edmonton. Self contained. WCB req.
(2) Senior Outside Sales Reps. Calgary / Edmonton.
(1) Gutter contract crew for Edmonton. Self contained, WCB req.
To qualify for the positions, all applicants (including skilled labour and not including outside sales) require a minimum of three years on the roof (with references) and verifiable experience. Applicants for roofing work with less than three years roofing experience will not be considered for the fall / winter hiring session. Outside sales reps with less than three years of proven outside sales experience will not be considered. Entry level positions are open in the spring each year so we encourage entry level applicants to apply in March 2015.
To apply visit us online at www.grscanadainc.com and click on careers, email us at email@example.com, fax us at 1.587.352.5532, or call 1.877.497.3528 and leave a message with an operator as to specifically which position on the list you are applying for.
General Roofing Systems Canada (GRS) is an equal opportunity employer and all employees and subcontractors are required to follow strict safety regulations and a code of conduct. All positions are full-time (or contract work) and no part-time positions. Part time positions come up in the spring each year.
Highlighted Roofing Job Posting - Sept 3, 2014
Inter-Provincial Red Seal Journeyman / Woman Roofer
Locations: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto
Currently receiving applications for Senior Roofer - Red Seal Inter-Provincially Registered Roofer.
Full time. 38.50 - 52.00 per hour depending on experience. Benefits. Annual Bonuses based mostly on Quality and Safety.
General Roofing Systems Canada (GRS) is a Comprehensive Western Canadian Based Roofing and Building Envelope Contractor that engages the marketplace with an attitude toward safety first, quality second, and production or installation speed last. Every roof GRS installs comes with a lifetime workmanship guarantee, and we stand firmly on that commitment.
In this senior field management position you will work with the assistance of a full time field assistant project coordinator.
Your position; you will consult with other GRS Inter-Provincially Registered Red Seal Journeyman/woman Roofers and report directly to Senior Project and Accounts Management:
1. Inspect and report on roof installations on a monthly rotation,
2. Work with and direct production crew foreman/woman, lead hands, and crew members on the application of generally acceptable principles of roofing and the quality of installation that GRS expects on every installation.
3. Work hands on with service and repair crews to ensure client satisfaction and GRS installation standards are intact. At times respond to repair calls.
4. Ensure daily reporting and compliance is being observed by crews, primarily focused to installation photos and documentation to ensure a consistent, compliant installation process and procedure for company archives and daily review.
5. Be responsible for engaging GRS workers and scheduling for continued education and product seminars and training.
6. Engage our community and area of influence (Specifiers, Architects, Clients, Engineers, General Contractors, Consultants, etc) with an open door policy, with professionalism, and with an attitude toward highest quality material and application standards and safety standards as our first priority.
To apply for this key management position, please provide your resume and cover to General Roofing Systems Canada (GRS) by way of email response to this ad at firstname.lastname@example.org, fill in form below, by facsimile +1.587.352.5532, online at www.grscanadainc.com and click on careers. Questions to : +1.877.497.3528.
About a Career at General Roofing Systems Canada
At General Roofing Systems Canada, we are seeking committed, talented members to join our team. We recruit, retain and promote employees of diversity and individuals with characteristics that enable success.
Our strength is the character of our people - our commitment is to this most valuable component of our company.
We value the contribution of a diverse workforce that is committed to the charactered service of our clients.
General Roofing Systems Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What We Expect
General Roofing Systems Canada believes safety, quality and service to be job one. We don't just say it - we guarantee it.
The General Roofing Systems Canada name is quality and our purpose is the protection of our customer's most valuable and prized possessions.
We stand behind our name and we guarantee it in writing with the best workmanship guarantee in the business.
It is a guarantee that extends for a lifetime, so you have to be the best at what you do.
We expect every project to be done with excellence as though you own it, every client to be treated with up most professionalism, and every job site to be performed with a constant focus to service, safety, and quality.
What You Can Expect
An opportunity to excel quickly with a very down to earth management team that is keenly interested in developing your career.
The best training and equipping the industry has to offer, a professional team atmosphere and safe work environment, and an excellent earning package that includes; salary, quality and service satisfaction bonuses, profit sharing opportunities, and benefits.
If this sounds right for you, we may have a long term career position waiting for you.
We post all positions to the Government Web Site, visit www.jobbank.gc.ca and search the job number, the position description, or General Roofing Systems Canada for more information as required.
When you choose a position email your resume or a letter to; email@example.com and fill out the online form below. Fax resumes to 1.800.921.6840.
When emailing your resume, be sure to include a cover page that outlines the job posting you are applying to.