Roof Shingle Install Method and Specifications
Roof Installers Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Saskatoon, Regina, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Canmore, Cranbrook, Kelowna, Vancouver, Whistler, Winnipeg, Toronto and points between. We Service Roofing in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario.
Compare our Pitched Roof Shingle Installation Specifications
General Roofing Systems Canada (GRS) institutes the highest standard of shingle install specification available in the world to every shingle roof we install. Compare our competitor's specifications included with their quotes. The specifications of our installation method are in point form as follows:
- Inspection of attic space. Check intake air at soffits to be sure insulation is not covering intake, check exhaust venting at ridge to be sure it is clear and calculate proper exhaust required for attic size. Improper ventilation will cause shingles to deteriorate much quicker). Check insulation to be sure there is no moisture damage, inspect underside of sheathing for damage.
- All old nails removed from roof deck before new shingles are installed (vs hammering down old)
- Eaves-flashing installation along all eaves-troughs (colored as required)
- Rake-flashing installation along all rakes / gables (as required specific to design)
- Commercial Grade 44" Ice and water membrane along all eaves, in all valleys, at valleys prior to metal and at valley flashing edges after sheet metal installed to valley. Also to sides and back area of all penetrations such as air vents, plumbing boots, chimney, skylight, etc.
- Replacement of all vents and bathroom exhausts (colored as required and ice and water to back and sides of flange). Optional ridge venting or optional high profile ridge cap included.
- Supply and install of metal back-pans for chimneys, skylights, etc. (colored as required and ice and water to back and sides of flange). Full re-flash extra.
- Supply and install of ice and water to flange of all vents, bathroom exhausts, chimney pack-pans, and any penetration.
- Pre-painted valley flashing (commercial gauge with ice and water installed first, then metal, then ice and water running vertically on both sides).
- Full premium synthetic felt under-lay (Titanium or equivalent) over entire roof (tar paper becomes brittle over time and cracks).
- Replacement of all goose-neck vents (pre-painted and colored as required with ice and water to back and sides of flange).
- Replacement of all vents and exhausts with rubber sealed screws and not shingle nails.
- Disposal of all materials, and full clean-up with magnetic roller to pick up any hidden nails.
- Re-caulking of all storm collars and rain caps with high grade polybitumen or high grade polymer caulking (no tar caulking that will crack).
- Storm nail all shingles (6 nails per shingle vs. 4)
- Neighbor discount of 5% for any neighbor that has work done immediately after yours.
- Referral incentives.
- Gutter and downspouts cleaned.
- Lifetime Workmanship Guarantee, 5,000,000.00 Liability, BBB, WCB, All Roofs Inspected,
- We Hire Inter-Provincial Red Seal Journeymen, Safety First Program
- 100 sq feet of re-sheathing included (for rot). 2.95 per sq ft thereafter.
- Disposal included.
In writing at the following links:
Download Shingle Install Specifications PDF
Download Shingle Install Specifications WORD DocX
Follow this link for a complete photo representation for: DIY Roof Maintenance Check List and Repair - Shingles (with photos).
Shingle Installs Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Saskatoon, Regina, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Canmore, Cranbrook, Kelowna, Vancouver, Whistler, Winnipeg, Toronto and points between. We Service Roofing in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario.
We Would Like to Hear About Your Re-Roofing Project!
For more assistance or an estimate:
Call us 24 Hours on our Toll Free at +1.877.497.3528.
Click on contact us for an online service request form.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.